Monday, May 4, 2009

My Mom Topped the Fax Machine Story!

I was telling my mom today about how I posted the story of my step-dad and the instructions to using the fax machine (see "How to Send a Fax") and, once again, we laughed and laughed over it (I don't know why it never gets old;)

And then I asked her if she remembered how she wanted to buy another computer so she could have two pages up at the same time (yes, you read that right!), despite my attempts to explain to her how to highlight, copy and paste on a separate page, only to hear her ask, "So...why do I need to know this?!" Ugh.

I thought this was taken care of when my brother visited my parents and explained how to use several programs running at one time.

BUT then my mom answered my question by telling me that she really does use two computers at once!!!!!?!?!?!? She reads the information on one computer and then types the text into the other, reading a sentence, typing it in, reading another sentence, typing it in. And then she actually said that she was happy that they had a third computer, so she could, in reality, have three pages up at the same time to work off of.

By now I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! I told her that technology was there to make things faster and easier, not slower and more complicated.

Forget the fax machine! My mom has that one beat hands down! (Don't kill me for posting this, Mom;)

No comments: